Monday, January 19, 2009

Martin Luther King Jr. Day


Inside Ferry Building

Today is Monday, Jan 19 and Martin Luther King Jr. Day here in the US. Schools, banks and some other organizations were closed today. I still had to go to work though. Nonetheless, it was nice that the traffic, both vehicular and human was lighter today.

What a juxtaposition of days! Tomorrow we'll be swearing in the country's first African American president and 50 years ago blacks were still fighting for their civil rights.

By the way, I'm growing fond of this video thing on my camera. It's fun capturing moving pictures. Steven Spielberg had better watch out! ;-) Kidding aside, it's fun on my little camera, but it must be better with a dedicated camcorder because then you have the ability to zoom in. I can't seem to zoom in with my camera.

No comments:

Labels