Saturday, January 17, 2009

Educated

Pear & Gorgonzola Salad

I prepared dinner today for my parents because it was their Christmas gift. First course was a pear and gorgonzola salad with toasted walnuts and cranberries. Yum! Main course was Linguine & Scampi. Yum Yum! You'll see pictures of my handiwork above and below. I must say it was quite tasty. Afterwards I even washed up. What a good daughter am I. Ha ha ha!!!


Onto another topic...

To be an educated and well-rounded individual requires time. You need to be in the know about current trends as well as culture.

What's sorely missing from my education is music and films. For example, I don't know how to read music or play an instrument. It would be difficult, I think, but not impossible to start learning now. However, it's not a priority of mine to learn how to play. If I were to play an instrument, I'd like to learn the cello.

As for my film education, that's easy enough to catch up on. All I have to do is start borrowing films from the library or subscribe to Netflix and hunker down in front of the TV to watch them. I was kind of daunted at first as to where to even start, but after doing some online research, I found a decent website. If you have any "must see" film recommendations, I'd encourage you to send them my way.

You may ask yourself, why bother watching all these films? Well, it's a part of being included in a broader society. If the people around you make references to films or start quoting film lines and you don't have the faintest idea what they're talking about, you seem ignorant and culturally provincial. To avoid that, you need to educate yourself!

No comments:

Labels