Saturday, January 03, 2009

Paradies pur - Aloha from Paradise

Bliss

Imagine you are on the island of O'ahu where it's comfortably warm, the waters are calm and a gentle breeze caresses you. The people are friendly and helpful and you have no worries. The only thing you have to think about is where you'll be relaxing next. That was my trip this past week.

I have to admit that I was initially doubtful of whether I would enjoy an island vacation because I usually like to have a busy itinerary filled with visits to cathedrals, museums, ancient buildings and squares. But I ended up pleasantly surprising myself because it was great having a slow vacation for a change where I didn't have to rush from location to location.

In the upcoming week I will feature pictures that I took during my trip to Hawaii and accompany the picture with observations organized as follows:

- About the hotel
- New things learned about Hawaii
- Memorable moments
- Places visited
- Rude tourist stories
- Traveling tips
=======================
Stelle dir mal vor, dass du auf Oahu bist, wo das Wetter warm ist, die Einheimischen freundlich sind und eine leichte Briese dich streichelt. Klingt paradiesisch, oder? Das war kurzum mein Urlaub der vergangenen Woche. :-)

Der Urlaub hat mir echt gut getan, denn ich war krank und mein Arm tat mir weh wegen zu viel Zeit verkrampft vor dem Laptop. Nach der Woche Auszeit bin ich meinem nervigen Husten endlich los und ich fuehle mich entspannt. Mein Laptop habe ich sogar zu Hause gelassen, damit ich wirklich "unpluggen" konnte. Okay das Wort unpluggen habe ich erfunden, denn auf Englisch sagen wir "to unplug", was bedeutet, sich von den vielen modernen Kommunikationsgeraeten wie Telefone, Blackberrys, Computer, Laptop usw zu entfernen.

No comments:

Labels