Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Rude tourists

It's a Jungle Out There

When I go on vacations, I try to be as humane as possible, but sometimes the other tourists are just SO incredibly rude.

At Iolani Palace backpacks were not allowed, so I had to put it in a locker. All of the functional lockers were taken, so I waited for someone to arrive to clear their stuff out. Finally a Japanese woman came to retrieve her items from a locker. I was glad and waited her to her finish up. Suddenly, another woman showed up and stood close to the Japanese woman too. I thought this other woman was waiting her turn to take stuff out of a locker. However, to my utter shock, she proceeded to place her bag in the locker!!

I was just so shocked that I did not say a word. Sometimes I am really annoyed at myself for not asserting myself. I was there first! A part of me wants also to avoid confrontation and so I do not create a scene. Anyway, what's past is past. It was a minor blip that I will not let ruin my vacation. Plus, I believe in karma, i.e. what goes around comes around as Justin Timberlake sang, so she had better watch out.

Then there are cases of people just being very inconsiderate of others. They think they own the world. I was walking down the street and I noticed this phalanx (okay, maybe I'm exaggerating - a row) of 4 teenaged girls walking arm in arm coming towards me. Don't they realize that they are forcing all the other pedestrians to yield to their little group? There are other people in the world aside from you, you know.

What goes around comes around

2 comments:

Ichiban Sushi Orlando said...

Wow...how rude of her! One part of me says you should of said something, but another part of me agrees with you about not making a scene and letting it ruin your vacation. Karma will come back to her anyways! I hope you have a nice rest of your trip!

frankfurtsanfrancisco said...

Thanks Ichiban for leaving a comment! The rest of the trip was great, except for the part about the cockroach in my hotel room.

Labels