Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Solar Power and Food Lists

I must say that San Francisco is such a photogenic city. Look at the picture at the left that I took during my lunch break. Blue skies galore and that fresh breeze that wafts the unsavory street smells away! ;-)

The picture at the right is of a solar oven with cookies baking in it. I'm not sure if they actually baked cookies in that thing. Maybe they're just props. I guess the good thing about these solar demos is that it's spreading the word about alternative energy sources. I even got a free biodegradable bookmark from the booth. Supposedly if I plant the book mark in soil, marigolds will bloom eventually.

Have you heard of the tip that if you want to lose weight you should list out all the food that you eat within a day? I'm not on a diet, but I do keep a mental note of what I eat. My philosophy about food is that you can splurge once in a while, but you have to balance it out with healthy food.

Here's a list of foods I consumed today:
1. Oatmeal with flax seed
2. Almond croissant (So good!)
3. Pumpkin spice latte (small, nonfat milk) - It wasn't that good actually.
4. Vietnamese spring rolls - shrimp (2 rolls)
5. Oranges (2)
6. Vinta savory crackers & 3 biscotti from Trader Joe's
7. Dinner (white rice, green vegetables, tomato based soup, stir fried tofu mixed with other stuff like green bell peppers, etc.)
8. TBD - some kind of snack to close off the day

I love lists!

No comments:

Labels