Monday, October 06, 2008

Scavenger Hunt

Pattern

My third photography assignment will be tough. I'm supposed to select 4 of the phrases below and photograph something that reflects the phrase. Concept is very important in this assignment, so I need some good ideas.

Here are the phrases:
1. Crossed signals
2. Parade of non people
3. Something that is not what it appears
4. This would make the Mona Lisa smile
5. Something sacred
6. Something profane
7. Wings of the spirit
8. Gender bender
9. Recreate a familiar image in a new way
10. I would crawl on my belly for an image like that!

On top of that, I need to choose two of the following:

1. Pattern
2. Line
3. Scale
4. Texture

Selecting the 2 will be easier. For example, in the picture of the windows above, you see patterns. If you have any good ideas, I highly encourage you to leave me some comments!

1 comment:

Ivory Raven said...

"I would crawl on my belly for an image like that" Try literally crawling on your belly to get odd angles of familiar things. Example, instead of taking a photo of the side of a train, get underneath it and shoot there. Or less dangerous, try to shoot the underside of a flower or an animal. Just an idea. Also, get as far under someone jumping as you can. Lay down, have someone jump over you, etc...

Labels