Monday, October 13, 2008

Legalese

Lines

This is a picture that I'm considering using for my Scavenger Hunt assignment as it falls under the lines category.

Today I was in a mock deposition acting as a fake expert witness. We had some case facts and expert reports we had to be familiar with and be prepared to talk about. I actually expected worse, so I'm glad I survived the grilling by the attorney relatively unscathed. :-) Of course these are relatively inexperienced lawyers, but still you never know. Attorneys have reputations as being sharks and will jump on everything you say and try to twist your words around.

As an aside, I hope the fire out at Angel Island is extinguished soon. Wouldn't want the historic buildings to be destroyed as it's an integral part of the Chinese American experience here in San Francisco.

No comments:

Labels