Friday, September 26, 2008

Viva La Forensic Accountant

Going home is such a nice feeling, especially when you've been working tres hard and miss your vegetables. I haven't been able to find too many places that serve veggies close to where the client is located. The closest thing to it has been the veggie delite subway sandwiches I had for lunch.

Funny thing happened on the way to the elevator this morning. I was walking there, greeted the other person who was already waiting there with a "Good morning". Then he answers back "Ni hao ma", which is Mandarin for hello. I was slightly offended. How dare he assume I am a foreigner! Not everyone who looks Chinese is from China. That should be especially clear to him here in California. I don't even speak Mandarin!
Maybe I should just chill out, but it ruffles my feathers that people think I'm not "American" enough. I think it's a common problem amongst Asians though.

You may be wondering about the title of today's post. It refers to this article I read about forensic accounting. Read it here. Above you'll also find some pics from the San Diego airport as I was waiting for my flight back to SF. In the picture at the right, my feet are happy to be breathing fresh air. In the picture at the left, I actually remember that Asian guy from three years ago when I commuted to San Diego weekly. Feels like deja vu.

I know I'm rambling in this blog post, but please indulge me. I'm tired from thinking logically during the work day. ;-P

No comments:

Labels