Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Boston - At First Glance

The Mall

I just came back to SF after spending 4 nights and 3.5 days in Boston, aka Athens of the US. It was a great trip because I had the chance to experience a new city, take pictures and relax a bit. I say "a bit" because I was able to finish up some CFE reading materials I had brought along with me.

I stayed at the Sheraton Hotel in the Backbay neighborhood of Boston.
Pros of the hotel were as follows:
1. Quiet/soundproof rooms (on the 26th floor at least)
2. Prudential Center was close by, so there were plenty of shopping opportunities
3. Try to get a room in the North Tower so that you have great views of Backbay
4. Shaw's supermarket is 10 minutes away by foot and is open 24 hours a day!
5. Breakfast at Au Bon Pain is convenient when you want tasty and affordable pastries and coffee
6. Hotel is located close to Newbury Street, a hip and trendy place for people watching
7. Hotel is on the "T" Blue line stop called "Prudential", so getting around town with public transport is a cinch

Cons
1. No minibar
2. No safe in the room

(I need to post this hotel review on Trip Advisor so that I can contribute back to the online community.)

My highlight of the first day was the Prudential Shopping Center, which is connected to the hotel via the second floor. The sheer scale of the mall and the variety of shops really impressed me. I actually ended up buying a bag even. Imagine that! I saw a Lacoste store there, so I went into take a look at the prices. The clothes were too expensive for my tastes. For example, a long sleeved polo shirt with a little crocodile logo on it costs $82. Needless to say, I did not end up buying anything from that place.

Stay tuned for tomorrow's episode: Boston - Getting to Know You

No comments:

Labels