Thursday, September 25, 2008

Residence Inn

Kitchenette

Today was less crazy than yesterday. First days in a new location are always very rough because of waking up early for flights and then figuring out how to maneuver around a new area.
I'm staying at the Residence Inn at Scripps Poway. This is a hotel for people who travel a lot. I think that's why they have built in kitchenettes, many commons areas for people to gather around a TV, free breakfast, complimentary light meals from 5-7 PM and free parking.
This is the anti-thesis of your downtown hotels where parking your car costs a fortune.
The hotel even offers a free grocery shopping service. You give the hotel staff a shopping list and they go shopping. It's charged to your room. This is if you want to cook your own meals. Interesting concept. That's a great service. There are fast food chains close to the hotel like Chilis and Wendy's. I checked out Chili's but the food was not for me. Too burgery. I wanted something warm but not sandwich-like. I get enough sandwiches at lunch. There is a Subway's about 2 blocks away. When in Rome, do as the Romans do, right? So in typical Southern Californian fashion, I drove to grab my lunch.
The reason for this is that there are no sidewalks here and I did not want to get run over by cars. Despite this oddity, people seem to be nicer than up in NorCal. Maybe it's true that people down in southern regions where it's warmer just have sunnier dispositions and are cheerier and more easy going.
Tomorrow afternoon I get to go back to my cold and windy SF. Yay! (No sarcasm dripping here!)

No comments:

Labels