Monday, August 18, 2008

First day of the conference

Lady with a Lamp


I survived my first day of the conference!

It started pretty early with breakfast at 7 AM. Then a general session for all the participants was arranged. I went to that. Volunteered for a couple moments with the registration desk and got a really nice light blue polo shirt for that. One of the sessions I chose to attend was about emotional intelligence, but I thought it was way too high level. I wanted some practical, nitty gritty stuff.

After some other sessions we were bussed off to Chelsea Pier for a spirit cruise around the body of water that surrounds Manhattan. It was done well and the skyline at night is unforgettable! We saw the Statue of Liberty, the Empire State Building lit up and the Chrysler Building, the Brooklyn Bridge, which were some of the more recognizable landmarks.

No comments:

Labels