Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Engaged

Rose

I'm engaged!
Sorry for the sensational statement. I'm actually only engaged per my profile on Facebook. :-P

It was a little experiment really. According to an article in the Wall Street Journal, advertising on Facebook is extremely targeted toward the users. Specialized software scans your profile and recommends advertising that is tailored to you. For instance, if you change your martial status from single to engaged, you will start to see adds for wedding photographers. Try it out with your Facebook profile and surprise your friends and acquaintances.

I wanted to test that out yesterday, so I selected the status engaged. Lo and behold, when I signed into Facebook today, I saw an ad for wedding photographers. That is creepy! I wonder what type of advertisement you get if you select the status "It's complicated" or "In an open relationship." Ha ha!! I crack myself up.


1 comment:

T Lam said...

haha I really thought you engaged! In fact it's me I really did enegage (ai... you are one of the first to know!). Anyhow, a beautiful rose and nice experiment!

Labels