Friday, December 19, 2008

Thank goodness it's Friday


Basking in the Glow

I'm so glad it's Friday. Today I had to drive once more down to Sunnyvale, but I think that's it because we have no more budget from the client.

Finally today I have some time to relax and focus on ME. I'm still coughing, which is really annoying because it's a dry cough and has been for days. Bring on the phlegm! ;-)

As I was driving home this afternoon (I got to leave early because of good behavior), I was thinking about how my safety as a driver is so dependent on the other cars. I can only drive defensively, but if the driver behind me decides to tailgate, I can't help that.

Also, I like how drivers start slowing down once they see the cops on the highway.
Then there's the carpool lane. Two or more people constitute a carpool in California, so that means you get to drive in the lane with the diamond painted on the ground. It's faster than the other lanes. Sometimes it's very tempting to just slip into the carpool lane for a bit just to get a little ahead and then go back into the normal lanes. I have resisted so far. Recently I even had a dream about the police chasing cars down that didn't have two people in it. That's what happens when you drive too much - it's all you can think of, even in your sleep.

P.S. - Picture above was taken with my new toy

No comments:

Labels