Thursday, December 04, 2008

Arrival

C'est une chaise.

So I've arrived in Atlanta, Georgia for my assignment. It was kind of similar to one of those Ocean's Eleven movies or spy movies where people who don't know each other come from all corners of the country and converge at one location for a common mission.
I'm working with 3 of my colleagues from the San Francisco office. In addition, the team consists of 2 people from the NYC office, 2 from the Philadelphia office, 1 from Boston and 2 from the DC office and apparently some more from NY today, I think.
We're working the graveyard shift from 9 PM in the evening to 9 AM in the morning. Picture this: bleary eyed consultants crammed in one conference room struggling to work with only 1 tiny fan that does not provide enough ventilation. Strewn across the table are cans of coke, gum and food wrappers. It's not a very appetizing image. I've never pulled an all nighter, so staying up all night was a new experience for me, not one that I would like to continue past this 1 week phase of the project though.
Getting into the rhythm of working nights and sleeping days is tough. I was woken up by sounds of housekeeping slamming doors around 1 PM this afternoon when I actually wanted to continue sleeping until 4 PM. I'm actually considering trying to take a catnap before we need to report back to work.

No comments:

Labels