Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Work and work

Workspace

So the nature of my work requires that I read other people's emails. I'm currently on an investigation of financial statement misstatements and this one guy's emails are pretty blatantly bad. Bad in the sense that he is clearly cooking the books, manipulating numbers to reach his targets. He also has an annoying habit of putting everything in quotation marks. I think this is one of the most interesting aspects of my job. It makes you more aware about your own emails.

Lesson learned - be very careful what you write in your company emails because you never know who will be reading it. Don't write anything that you will regret or that will come back and haunt you.

In the spirit of work, here's a picture of my workspace. This is what I stare at 8 hours or more each day. Enjoy the view!

No comments:

Labels