Friday, July 04, 2008

Independence Day

July 4th - Birthday of the United States

You will see American flags displayed prominently today. Actually, I don't think I would notice if the American flag were incorrect unless it was really obvious.

However, overseas, the Germans seem to be very detail-oriented and observant. On a major German news broadcast, there was a flap over the American flag because it was wrong. See if you can spot what's incorrect about this flag? Flag fiasco There was one more stripe than necessary. I certainly don't think I would have seen it, so it amazed me that Germans would notice it. The station fired some people over this because it was the second time recently that flags were shown incorrectly. They even showed a German flag wrong. Instead of horizontal stripes of black, red and yellow, the red stripe was on top.

Here is a bonus picture that I took today inside Grace Cathedral. I really like the atmospheric glow from the candles and the spiritual and mysterious mood it creates.

No comments:

Labels