Saturday, July 12, 2008

Centered

Grace Cathedral

One of the crowning glories of California Street is Grace Cathedral. This is an Episcopalian church with a French Gothic architectural style that is reminiscent of Notre Dame in Paris. Inside Grace Cathedral you will find peace and quiet, along with colorful stained glass windows and impressive frescoes. Step inside if you are in a contemplative mood or just want a European fix. This is the closest thing in San Francisco that we have to a European-style church.

A couple weekends ago I sent some emails to non-profit organizations volunteering my time and energy to help them out. I thought I would get a resounding response, but surprisingly only 1 of them emailed me back. The nerve of them! Oh well, it's their loss. I would like to find a way to get involved in my community in areas where I have an interest so that includes the arts and culture.

Since I registered for a photography course in the fall through City College, I probably won't have time for volunteering anyhow. Maybe next year in 2009. The photography course will be 6 hours long on Saturdays from August to December! That's a big commitment of time, but I want to finally take a course. I'm tired of just talking about it.

No comments:

Labels