Thursday, July 24, 2008

Golf


Little blue box


Wow, I was quite impressed by the golf seminar I attended this evening. I actually learned a lot of golf basics that I did not know before. It was really worth it and the people who attended were open to networking. And then when I came home, my 5 year anniversary gift was waiting for me. It's a sterling silver necklace from Tiffany's with 2 very small silver heart pendants. You see a picture of the famous blue Tiffany's box.

So, here's an exclusive for my loyal blog readers and I know there are many of you out there following this blog religiously. ;-) I jotted down some notes from my golf seminar and will post some of them here. Maybe you'll learn something new as well and help me remember some of what I heard. Apologies if they are somewhat randomly organized.

- The maximum number of clubs golfers are allowed to have in their bags is 14.
- Proper attire for golf includes:
a) Collared shirt
b) No T-shirts
c) No jeans
d) No golf shoes with metal spikes! Only golf shoes with rubber spikes or normal shoes.
Note: Golf shoes with rubber spikes help you maintain a good grip on the grass. When it's wet and you swing your club, you might slip on the grass.
- A golf course has 18 holes
- Each hole has different pars. A par is your goal. You should strive to hit the ball into the hole in as few strokes as possible. Therefore people who are really skilled do not need as many strokes to hit the ball into the hole.
- A handicap refers to the difficulty of the holes. It also enables people of different skill levels to play together.
- A hole is composed of the tee area, the fairway and then the green.
- There are a total of 72 pars on a golf course.
- Generally it takes 5 hours to play a round of golf
- Golf etiquette:
a) Silence on the green
b) No cellphones
c) Golfer with best score tees off first
- A birdie is when someone gets a ball in the hole 1 stroke under par




No comments:

Labels