Friday, April 03, 2009

Translating machine

Criss-cross

I am a translating machine.
In goes German, out emerges English.

I count myself fortunate because I can use both my areas of study simultaneously - Accounting and German. How many people can do that? It's rare and I'm thankful for the opportunity. Sometimes there are some difficult passages or words to translate, in which case my former colleagues in Deutschland have been very helpful. I hate to bother them, but also want to get it right. It's a delicate balance.
However, it would be difficult to translate into the other direction - English to German.

Tomorrow I will be finally going to Sausalito! As an SF native, it is truly remiss of me that it's taken this long for me to visit. It's just a stone's throw away. Most people I've spoken to have already been. Now it's my turn. I hope to be able to report back tomorrow with some nice pics.

A bientot!

No comments:

Labels