Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Old Western

The Saloon

Today is the first time we've left the office when it was still light outside! I even had a chance to snap a photo of the town saloon. Rumor has it that this place serves the best steak and ribs in town and is pretty expensive too. I don't care much for slabs of meet, but I wouldn't mind trying one of their baked potatoes.

Speaking of food, I don't think I can stomach another sandwich! During my two weeks vacation in Europe, sandwiches were common fare. After 2 weeks of that and then more sandwiches this week, I'm yearning for some soup and noodles or at least more variety in my diet.

Here in Small Town, I'm staying in a hotel on Main Street, which is just a couple blocks away from the place where I'm working. Everything is so quaint here. It would be nice if I had time to explore the town more with a real camera, instead of just a camera phone. Weatherwise, Small Town is not for me because it's still snowing this time of year despite the fact that we're almost in May! It snowed lightly when I walked to work and it snowed again this afternoon.

No comments:

Labels