Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Small Town


Main Street, USA

Talk about baptism by fire. I arrived Sunday afternoon in a small town in the US that I'll call Small Town, USA after only a couple hours of sleep the night before because I just landed from my flight back from Germany. I had to take 2 planes to reach Small Town. One was a regular sized plane, but the second one was a tiny Embraer plane. I was originally seated in the front row, but the flight attendant had to reseat 2 of us in order to "balance out" the plane. That was kind of scary. In total we had only 10 people on the plane approximately. Plus, because the plane was so small, I could feel the turbulence much more. By the time we landed, I was gripping the arm rests and making sure my seat belt was on as tight as possible.
Anyway, I landed quite jet-lagged, tired and cranky and checked into my hotel. That same Sunday I found out from my manager that we would have to work until 10 PM that night as requested by the client. Can you imagine that? Jet-lagged, coughing and extremely tired, I suffered with the rest of the team until 10PM. They did not even arrange for dinner! We were all starving.
The past couple of days, they have been more realistic about all of our needs and have arranged dinner orders. However, because they eat so late, I just go and buy something from the supermarket earlier. The hours have been pretty long. Yesterday we worked 14 hours approximately. That's why I haven't been able to post much. Check out this picture though as taken from my cellphone camera.
Must stop typing and sleep now!

No comments:

Labels