Sunday, April 05, 2009

Daffodil Hill


Today's photography adventure entailed driving to Daffodil Hill in inner California. In fact, I've never been this far into the interior of California.

A friend of mine rented a car and drove 2.5 hours to reach this location and invited me along for the ride. Yay! I really should have brought my GPS device because it was somewhat tricky getting there. We were following mapquest directions, so we had to keep our eyes peeled at every green highway sign that showed up on the side of the road. At some point we must have made a wrong turn because we ended up in a corporate business park area. However, after using an old fashioned atlas, we found our way back on track.

This being a long road trip, we chatted about this and that, shared stories, etc. She brought some CD's along for the ride because radion reception would be poor at some point. The first CD we listened to was the soundtrack to Slumdog Millionaire. It was pretty cool. Not sure if I'd buy it though. Then came Rihanna's CD "Good Girl Gone Bad," and then James Taylor.

When we finally got to Daffodil Hill, the first thing on our minds was to look for the restroom. Unfortunately all we found were portable toilets. Being desperate, I used one of these toilets for the first time. Actually, I was surprised that it didn't stink as badly as I had expected.

Happy yellow daffodils were sprinkled all over the hill. Interspersed on the hill were these old wooden shacks. I was anticipating more daffodils, but it was nice anyhow. There were many families there and people with cameras enjoying what the area had to offer.

Overall, Daffodil Hill is pretty, but I think it has to be much more compelling for me to want to drive that far to see it.

No comments:

Labels