Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Surprise, surprise!

Today San Francisco had the honor of being the only city in the United States to host the Olympic torch. The torch was supposed to stop pretty close to where I work, so I had planned to capture some of the action this afternoon. However, some sudden work came up, so I had to nix that idea.

Then when I got home, I spied a little yellow cardboard box the size of a video tape. I immediately recognized from the packaging that it was from Germany. Since I wasn't expecting anything, I was a very pleasantly surprised to discover the contents. Yes, it contained those delicious, tangy fruit juice gummi bears I've always been raving about and a handwritten postcard from a friend in Frankfurt! If only every day could be full of nice surprises! :-)

No comments:

Labels