Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Mission Possible

I am on a mission - mission to learn the tools of the photography trade and to learn the secret of perfect lighting.

I have been inspired by the other photographers I met on the shoot in Alameda. Their photos have this special something about it that elevates it above snapshots by mere mortals. Generally speaking it is the lighting and composition that make their photos stand out.

Today in the lunch room I picked up a travel book that had an article on San Francisco. The photographer took a photo of the Ferry Building interior similar to the way I captured it above. However, I noticed the magazine's photo had warmer lighting. Probably taken close to sunset, one the best times for warm light. Also, the photo captured more humans, therefore making it more interesting to the magazine readers. This type of analysis and comparison is the first step in improving I think. I need to take a class or workshop!!

No comments:

Labels