Saturday, April 12, 2008

Industrial shoot

What do you do on a very warm Saturday? Go on an industrial photo shoot of course!

I joined other photography enthusiasts this afternoon in Alameda for this event. It was pretty cool (figuratively speaking) and challenging at the same time because we went to an abandoned government site to do a shoot. It challenged me to seek out the aesthetic where most viewers would only see an uninteresting industrial wasteland. I took a total of 34 images and ended up with only a handful that I thought were ok.

Another reason it was a cool event was that the other photography enthusiasts I met were very down to earth people and open to getting to know other shutterbugs. I did not notice cliquish behavior, which really recommends the group. Most people were very approachable and friendly. Overall, the event was very well organized. The only drawback was the sweltering sun pounding down on me. I would have enjoyed it even more had the temperatures been cooler.

No comments:

Labels