Friday, April 04, 2008

Hanging out with the boys

Scene: A way too crowded subway train in San Francisco. People of all shapes, sizes, colors and ages are squished like sardines in a compartment of the train. Two male young urban professionals are talking on their way to their respective destinations.

Yuppie #1: So... what you got goin' on tonight?
Yuppie #2: Just going to hang with the boys. Grab some dinner. What you up to?
Yuppie #1: I'm just gonna chill tonight. Keep it low key. Tomorrow the game's on, so I'll probably go to a sports bar. There's nothing much to do in this town.

It was interesting to overhear their conversation. I couldn't help it because they were the only ones talking in the train, so it wasn't as if I were eavesdropping. :) (Usually I do smileys with a nose, but just felt like mixing it up.) I can't believe Yuppie #2 said there was nothing to do in this town! His buddy agreed with him too. That's the ultimate insult to a native San Franciscan. For the record, there is lots to do in San Francisco! Also, I thought it was weird that he said he was going to hang with the boys. I would've thought he would use the word guys.

Anyways, aside from that little snippet of conversation, I went to the dentist today. I've been going to them for around 20 years now. How crazy is that? The dentist was using these tools to do some serious cleaning. It was so serious that topical anesthetic was used. After all that scraping, I am truly amazed that my teeth are still anchored in my mouth.

Picture above: Powell and Market streets - cable car turnaround where all the tourists wait to board one of these San Francisco icons.

No comments:

Labels