Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Ciao bella!


Ciao bella - Hello beautiful! in Italian and also the name of an gelato chain store in the US. I got two pints today (hazelnut and triple espresso). I had some this afternoon and it was such a nice little treat. The hazelnut gelato actually tastes kind of natural.

Remaining on the topic of food...
Little did I know how serious the food shortage is until I read about it in the Wall Street Journal. Click here for the article. The first time I got wind of this was on my last trip to Costco. I overheard a customer asking one of the Costco employees about the rice. There wasn't any in the shelves and a sign warned people of the "Limit 10 per card" restriction. The shortage seems to be more widespread than just rice according to the article.

No comments:

Labels