Thursday, June 26, 2008

Hazy days


Flag Unfurled

This has been one of those weeks in which it's mostly about networking and not really getting stuff done. This is the third firm sponsored event I've been to this week. Today was Advisory's All Hands Meeting on a boat. We had the first part of the meeting on one boat, which was moored to the dock, but rocking side to side nonetheless. I don't think it was really a smart idea considering many people were feeling nauseous because they were sitting down.

Then we all got off that boat to get onto another for the 3 hour cruise around the bay. The one thing about boat cruise connectivity events is that you can't sneak out early like you can for events that are on land. They served a buffet on the boat and the there was a Hawaiian theme, so everyone got plastic leis. That was kind of interesting. I took this opportunity to build my internal network and met people in other groups. In other words, I stretched myself as they say in corporate speak. For example, I found out that two people in the office are Italian and two are from France. That was perfect since I am considering a vacation in one of those two countries. They were helpful with the info they provided.

Aside from that, I am studying to become a Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE). I need to read a bunch of material and then take a test on a CD. I need to discipline myself and just plow through the reading so that I am ready for the exam.


No comments:

Labels