Monday, June 09, 2008

Half Dome

Half Dome

This week I will focus on showing some of the Yosemite photos I accumulated over the weekend. Yosemite is so large that one blog post about it cannot do it justice.

Yosemite is a 4 hour drive east of San Francisco. Most people in California have visited this national park at least once in their lives. This past weekend was my first time ever visiting this park. I went with a tour group in order to avoid having to drive myself. The other folks on the tour were from New Zealand, England, China, Japan and Germany. The English people and New Zealanders were really friendly and jolly.

The middle-aged German guy called Ralf was somewhat dour looking. Of course, when I heard that he was from Germany I had to approach him and find out more about his background. Apparently he's from Frankfurt am Main and is spending 4 weeks in California. Two weeks were for an English course and the other two weeks were for exploring Southern California by car. I found it interesting that he was staying with a host family while studying English. Actually his English was really good already, so I don't know why he was taking English lessons.

Since it was a 4 hour drive and there was no toilet in the bus, we made a rest stop in a little rural California town called Turlock. The tour guide/bus driver was funny because he warned us that the people in Turlock are country folk and he reassured us that he meant that in the most positive way.

To be continued . . .

No comments:

Labels