Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Fat & frisky

American Squirrel

After the first day of wandering around Yosemite National Park, we made our way in the direction of our hotel outside the park. We had to take Yosemite Area Regional Transit (YARTS) to El Portal where the hotel was located. I would recommend staying in the park if at all possible because then you can avoid the hassle of taking YARTS in and out of the park.

By the way for you squirrel lovers out there, the squirrels in Yosemite were quite fat and frisky. They're probably overweight because park visitors feed them or they raid garbage cans and eat human food. There was one squirrel with a bald patch of fur that startled me while I was eating lunch. I guess it wanted a little handout from me, the little bugger. Squirrels that I saw in Germany were rust colored and smaller in size. Interesting difference, that!

No comments:

Labels