Monday, June 23, 2008

Cafe Madeleine



So many sweets, so little time!

Today I went to Cafe Madeleine at 300 California Street for lunch. I ordered a grilled turkey sandwich to go. I have wanted to try out this cafe for while now and finally decided to go there today. This being a Monday, I needed a pick me up, so it was a visit to Cafe Madeleine. I really like the way they decorated the cafe with long mirrors and a chandelier.
Everything is really bright, cheery and elegant looking. The glass case containing the sweet desserts also looked sparklingly clean.

The grilled sandwich I had was okay. Nothing earth shatteringly tasty about it and it was not cheap! Maybe they do better desserts. Not sure if I'll go back. I just wanted to try it out to get it out of my system. ;-) I've got another place on my list of lunch spots to try - the Italian deli at the Ferry Building.

Do you have a favorite lunch spot? What makes it your favorite? I welcome your comments!

Guess what? I can't make it to my reunion after all because I'll be on a plane to Oahu that same day.

No comments:

Labels