Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Drama!

Taxi

Today I stumbled into a dramatic situation. I went to a Steering Committee meeting for the Young Professionals branch of the World Affairs Council (WAC) just to get a feel for how the officers are and how the meetings are run, etc. Well, apparently there is bad blood between some of the officers and the head of the group and this is where the drama comes in.

Accusations of undemocratic processes and circumvention were flying and officers were taking sides. It was quite the scene. In some ways it was like watching a real life version of the Apprentice. Anyway, I was somewhat turned off by the whole politics and bickering in the group, so I'm not sure whether I want to involve myself further with this group. It's a pity though because I do enjoy the topics.

One of the main reasons I am involved with the group is that my employer is a corporate member of the WAC, so by extension I also get free membership. Hardly anyone at my firm knows about this little secret though. Honestly, I am not sure how many people would be interested or able to attend events.

On an unrelated topic, today I received a little Code of Conduct booklet in my work mailbox. The Code of Conduct booklet contained photos that I seriously think I could duplicate. They were not that spectacular. Things like this just get me frustrated because I feel that I could totally do that. I just need to get it started and submit my photo to some stock photography seller. Maybe I could make a few bucks on the side like this.

P.S. - My paper cutter arrived today. How exciting! Now I can cut pieces of paper and card stock precisely.
P.P.S - My picture of the day is of an intersection in the Financial District

No comments:

Labels