Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Twilight zone

Did you know that toilet seat covers are not commonly used in Germany?
That's really one of the first things I miss whenever I go to Germany.
Toilet seat covers are a really simple, but ingenious invention.

Something German that I miss in the United States are the gummi bears. There's a great shop in Frankfurt called Baerentreff at the Hauptwache that sells gummi bears made from fruit juice. As such they taste much better than the artificial things they sell here in the States.

In addition, I just love, love, love the pillows filled with real feathers that they use in Germany. I liked it so much that I brought one back home.

Tonight as I arrived home after work, I just couldn't tear my eyes away from this dramatic scene. Check out this sunset pictured here.

No comments:

Labels