Thursday, February 07, 2008

Earthquake

The day started off with a rousing wake-up call from the earth. At 5:31 AM this morning a magnitude 3.1 earthquake woke me up. Earthquakes are the price San Franciscans pay to live here. Keeps life exciting you might say.
In elementary school, the teachers had us practice how to "duck, hold & cover" in case of earthquakes.

Today I had a busy day. On my itinerary was the Marina area, Crissy Field, the Palace of Fine Arts and the most famous icon of San Francisco - the Golden Gate Bridge. The weather was fine, which enhanced the experience. The area around the Golden Gate Bridge is one of the nicest in the city with green lawns and picnic tables to enjoy the view. My "eureka" moment today was discovering a trail leading up to a hill with even better views of the bridge from above.

I fiddled with my camera settings today so that contrast, saturation and tone were cranked up. Without it, the photos seemed washed out and did not truly reflect what is visible to the eye.

No comments:

Labels