Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Exciting times

This picture at left of the San Francisco skyline was taken on my way to work on the freeway this morning.

Today has been exciting on many fronts. First of all, I had my first taste of the work that I'll be involved in. Plus, it's chargeable, I think! In addition, I received an interesting comment on this blog from a Mr./Ms. Anon. Apparently my excerpt about travel mugs in the office struck a cord and resonated with some of my readers.

A funny incident happened at work today. I was on the phone to order a firm cellphone and plan. It was taking a while to get everything set up because there were hiccups related to the number and she was not used to opening new corporate accounts. The salesperson was none too happy to be stuck on the phone with me because I overheard her say to her coworker that she was "aggravated" and still had a lot to do. She wanted to go home like the others because she had already stayed until 7 PM the night before. Now, as a customer on the line who has been going through this ordering ordeal along with her, how would you feel? All of a sudden the line goes quiet and I hear nothing more of her complaints. Guess what happened? Yes, she hung up on me! Whether it was by accident or on purpose I will never know, but had our call been recorded for quality control purposes, this representative would surely have gotten a talking to. Why on earth would you talk so loud that your customer hears you? That is so unprofessional! If she were a good customer service representative, she would have called me back immediately and apologized.

Since it rained today, streets were chaotic once again. Here is an picture taken from underneath an umbrella.

No comments:

Labels