Monday, December 07, 2009

Mahlzeit!

Frog Hollow Farm*

I dread thinking about what to eat for lunch everyday. I don't want to eat out everyday because that gets expensive and boring very quickly. That means I need to plan what I'm going to cook on Sundays in preparation for the upcoming week. This is easier said than done because I essentially have 2 recipes in my lunch repertoire - pasta with tomato sauce or pasta with cream of mushroom/white sauce. The other ingredients stay the same - mixed veggies and some type of meat be it chicken, turkey or ham. If I want to keep it simple, I make a sandwich. When I'm kind of lazy, I also will heat up frozen food from Trader Joe's like burritos or mushroom risotto.
I've got to start expanding my cooking skills or my lunches are going to be the same old same old day after day. Ugh!

*These guys make the best pastry in town in my humble opinion. Today I tried a pear fragipane; whatever a fragipane is, it tastes good. The tart had a pear in the middle and underneath it was some sort of almond paste. Almond makes everything better!

No comments:

Labels