Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Reminisce

So some things about Germany are coming back to me now that I'm here again. For starters, Germany has a distinct smell. I don't know how to describe it, but I recognize it every time I am there. It's just like China has it's own smell and so do the United States and England.

Secondly, Germans call a projector a "beamer." The very first time I heard that, I thought the person meant a BMW because in the US, some people call BMW's that, I think I've heard.

Thirdly I like how tip is included in the meals and you just need to round up a bit for the tip. For example, if you meal costs 5.50 EUR, you could just say 6 EUR and round up. Also, if you go out with a group of friends, the waiter will gladly split the tab for you so that you end up paying only for what you ordered. That's benissimo!

Here I am being not very creative with my picture. It's one of the hotel room in its natural state.

No comments:

Labels