Wednesday, March 05, 2008

One small step

I finally made it to a networking event for photographers. This was one small step towards becoming a better photographer. I met some interesting people with different stories. For example, someone spent 6 weeks photographing things and people in Africa. Then from someone who worked at Apple, I found out what Lightroom was and how it relates to Photoshop. Also, someone with the EOS 5D encouraged me to try out shooting in RAW format. Basically it was a good way to share ideas and learn from others. I'm glad I pushed myself to get out there. Actually it was really easy to talk to everyone and this is coming from someone who is definitely not an extrovert.

By the way I took this picture of the Ferry Building in the evening when I was heading towards the meeting location. I like the totally different look.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great to hear that the meeting was a success. RAW is the way to go b/c you will be able to have a better image quality for sure. I've also been reading up on HDR photography (high dynamic range photography) for digital cameras. We can chat about it sometime. Have fun iN Germany. Great that you will be able to even if it is only for a few days.

Ann Donahue

Labels