Friday, January 25, 2008

Wet wet wet

I took the MUNI out to downtown today. The passengers were packed like sardines in the bus, which naturally arrived behind schedule.

Such situations cause me to wax poetic about the public transportation systems in Europe. For starters the network is very extensive in Germany at least. It connects large cities and even the tiniest medieval towns in the countryside. City slickers could hop on a train and be in another metropolis in no time. That's what I miss the most about Europe.

Perhaps that is why I find myself drawn to the Ferry Building - because it has a European flair about it. Here above you see a picture of the Ferry Building taken while I was balancing a camera bag on my shoulder, an umbrella in my left hand and a camera in my right.

No comments:

Labels